Online shopping is increasing every day. Nowadays, with the increased technologies and the support of the internet, people from all over the world started to buy items online by simply sitting in their homes. People found it more convenient to shop online as it is time-saving, can be accessed from everywhere, availability 24 hours a day, there are a variety of products, various options available to compare products and brands. Online businesses are very competitive hence you should have a good understanding of customers’ shopping habits in order to stay at the top of the marketplace.
List of Trend of Online Shopping Habit in Nepal
• Mobile-Friendly: In today’s increasingly digital world, more than 50% of customers reach out their mobiles and tablets over their computer in order to make an online purchase. Therefore online business owners should focus on creating responsive mobile-friendly e-commerce websites. If you don’t have a mobile-friendly website, you are behind in the times. Customers won’t return for websites that have a bad user experience on their devices.
• Customization: Ensuring customer’s experience satisfaction is all about providing a uniquely tailored shopping experience. Through quizzes and other data-gathering content, customization goes beyond what a customer might want into what they really and truly need, based on their preferences. When consumers can make their own choices, retailers have a stronger opportunity to segment their market, promoting offers popular with like-minded brand loyalists. If the customization is strong enough, customers may purchase more than they ever thought they would need.
• Data privacy and security: The internet is filled with fraud, breaches, and data vulnerabilities, hence there is growing concern among consumers around their data privacy and security. As consumers grow cautious of retailers that trespass boundaries, it’s crucial for brands to strike the right balance between respecting customer’s privacy and delivering personalized experiences for consumers.
• Online Reviews: Online reviews shape perceptions of a brand. They influence the way people buy products online. More than 71% of customers believe that online reviews are essential to them when thinking of buying products online. Customers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. It helps to understand customers and improve customer service.
• Best Price Deal: Customers are sensitive to price when buying online. In fact, price is the greatest determiner for customers’ purchasing decisions and trumps all other factors including quality, brand, store, and ability. Over 36% of customers tend to use mobile devices to compare prices online so that they can save on their purchases. When price comparison is one click away, customers don’t want to overpay instead they want to know they are getting the very best deal.
• Online Coupons: Just like competitive and affordable pricing is a key contributor to gain more customers, the ability to get even more discounts on purchases with coupons is another factor that attracts customers. Coupons offer different types of values, such as discounts, free shipping, buy-one-get-one-free, first-time customer coupons, free trial offer, launch offers, festival offers, and free giveaways.
• Free Shipping: Free shipping is the second most popular influencer of online purchasing decisions. More than 80% of customers are willing to purchase products online when free shipping is on the table. By advertising free shipping, you have a better opportunity to turn website visitors into paying customers.
• Easy Payment transaction: Customers who are purchasing online prefer quick and easy methods while paying an amount with all the billing and shipping information. There are a lot of websites that intake a lot of information including personal details that customers don’t find relevant in giving details. There are many types of e-commerce payment systems like eSewa, Khalti, fonepay, Online banking, etc.
The above are some common preferences made by the customers while shopping on an e-commerce platform. Every e-commerce site should work more on learning about customers’ online shopping habits which helps you to turn visitors into customers.